A big “Thank you” to everyone that participated.
After a bout of spring cleaning, I was amazed at how things collect in the kitchen over a period of time, specially if you are invested in food or baking, as a food blogger, a hobby baker / cook etc. I came across a bunch of things that I’ve picked up over the past few years, some I use regularly and some are still waiting to be used. The ones I’ve used have all made my life in the kitchen a little easier and I’m all for that and I know the ones patiently waiting their turn will also be put to good use soon. I guess my motivation to pick these things up when I see them, is the fact that they’re not always available, so I pick them up when they are. These instances are usually followed by a little happy dance in my head 😉 I wouldn’t dare do that in public 🙂
Back to my favorite things. Like I said, I tend to collect kitchen stuff over time, but if I had to pick my top 5 favorite things, they would be –
1) Wooden spoons – I have loads of these in different shapes and sizes. You can’t have too many wooden spoons.
2) My silicone pastry brush and spatula – These are perfect for baking and candy making and cleaning up after use is a breeze.
3) Measuring cups and spoons – I wouldn’t be able to bake without them.
4) My electric hand beater and whisks – These are indispensable.
5) My silicone bake-ware
These are things that are fairly basic and regularly used in my kitchen.
Anyway you’ve often heard me rant about scarce or no availability of good quality bakeware or cookware in India before. I was thrilled to know that those days are now behind me “sort of”. I was recently contacted by www.CupoNation.in and was quite pleased when I went over their site. Not only have they tied up with a number of vendors that have varied collections for the kitchen and home among others, they’re all at discounted rates. They have also very kindly offered a giveaway for all you lovelies that keep reading this blog and take time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love hearing from you. Psst! You wanna know something ….I’ve already got my eye on a few things from their stores.
Up for grabs are gift vouchers that can be used on Flipkart.com (in India) and Amazon.com (globally). Follow these simple steps and the voucher can be yours. It can be used to purchase anything of your choice from these sites.
How to participate –
This giveaway is open to all. Participation in this giveaway is very simple.
1) You need to follow this blog, subscribe to the Cuponation newsletter and comment on this post and let me know that you’re a follower. If you already follow the blog, simply subscribe to the newsletter and leave a comment and let me know. Don’t forget to include the name / details of your favorite kitchen tool / gadget in your comment.
2) You can increase your chances of winning by –
a) Following me on twitter @MyHobbieLobbie and tweeting about this giveaway.
b) Following My Hobbie Lobbie on Facebook and sharing the details of this giveaway, and
c) Blogging about this giveaway.
Once you’ve done this, please leave me a separate comment for each of these. This allows you 3 additional chances to win.
3) The giveaway ends on 30th April 2013. The winner will be randomly picked and announced soon after. Please make sure I can get in touch with you. If you don’t have a blog, please leave me an email address so that I can contact you.